Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Things My Children Taught Me

Last night for Family Home Evening (yeah I know, wrong night, but it was the night that worked for us this week) Jessica, Joshua and Daniel taught Bill and I how to do a power point presentation.  What a rush!!  It was not as difficult as I thought it would be.  On one of the jobs that I am applying for has it in the computer skills recommended section.  It was the only thing on the posting that I didn't know how to do--so the children said "No problem Mom, we will tutor you."  What a hoot!  We had so much fun.  I will be making several power points over the next week to make sure I know how to do it before my testing next Friday at the career center.  Now I am thinking that someone needs to teach me about Excell.  It might come up. . .

5 comments:

RainbowPhoenix said...

Menus are good practice in excell since they behave much like tables in word. Then have the little ones teach you how to color cells change orientaition and use formulas and you should be good to go

Brandan and Becky said...

I've never made a power point presentation, but I've watched Sophie's after she's done them for school. Makes a school report a lot more interesting!

Rebecca Blevins said...

I haven't made a Power Point presentation, but I have used Open Office that's Excel-compatible. Well, only with James' help.

How cool that your kids can teach you that stuff!

Unknown said...

I love Excel. Scott just showed me how to format 2007, but I'm not confident to do it yet on my own.

RainbowPhoenix said...

Wow powerpoint is such an important part of my assignments I had no idea that so many people had. Never used it before. I guess I. Shouldn't be too surprised I did have. To teach marco how to use it :)