This past weekend I have been fed spiritually. Conference is always a treat, however this year it happens to be on Easter. It has been amazing. What a blessing that I live in a time when I can hear the Prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson speak right in my front room via the internet. I remember as a child we could only get conference on the radio. I am not sure if that was the only way it was available or if it was only because we didn't have a TV. As a child it was sort of a voice that was talking, but not really real (I wouldn't have done well growing up in the radio only time of the early 19oo's) Now I can see the eyes and exressions of these beloved men who serve the Lord and teach us every 6 months. Our famiy were gathered around Bill's laptop, watching and listening to the messages given. We sang our favored Easter hymns with the chiors and listened to the speakers. I felt joy at the things I am doing right, and encouraged to do better in the things I fall short. The spirit was strong. I feel blessed.

2 comments:
So do I. Feel blessed, that is!
This conference was absolutely wonderful. I feel much better about life after having watched it this year.
Radio only wasn't so bad and it wasn't just really really early in the 1900s. There were shows on there like The Lone Ranger, Amos and Andy and the Green Hornet; besides stories. I enjoyed it very much. Love Aunt Mick
Post a Comment