Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dear Knitting,

I joined a new online knitting group this week on http://www.ravelry.com/. It is a mystery knitting group. 

They gave me the type of yarn, needle size, gage and yardage and now I need to do a gage swatch to make sure it is the right size.  This is very important as I do not have any idea what I am making, only that it will take 220 yards of sport weight yarn. All of the projects for this group take 220 yards or less of yarn, so this fits in nicely with my portable knitting needs and will fit nicely in my purse.  Each week we are given clues to tell us what to knit--then we knit to that point and wait for the next clue.   I am using this as a stash buster solution to help work down some of my stash yarn.  I have to tell you, this is all very exciting to me, like living a mystery novel--I can't wait for the next clue!   Fun!!!!!

No comments: