Sunday, October 3, 2010
A Powerful Experience
I had an unusual experience a bit over a week ago that lead to peace of mind. I wanted to share it with you. I have been struggling to get all my homework finished. It has involved many late nights and early mornings, which resulted in me not really feeling well. So I prayed to our gracious Heavenly Father for his help. The answere came from a really unusal source. I was sitting in Biology 101, listening to my professor, Dr Hartman. Dr. Hartman is a man the believes in only science and not in God. It is difficult some days to be in his class. On this particular day, as class was coming to and end, he was talking of an upcoming test. He went over the rules and how the test would proceed, and cautioned the class members not to cheat. He then said, "If you do what you are supposed to do, I will take care of you." At that point I really was not sure as to the final 10 minutes of the class. Into my mind came our Savior's promise--I the Lord am bound when ye do as I say, if ye do not as I say, you have no promise. When I went over these words in my mind, I thought of my habits of scripture study--pretty much put aside these past weeks, while trying to do my homework. There didn't seem to be enough time to do both. Yet I knew that this was the very message that our Heavenly Father had for me. The next day, when I got up and sat down to my desk, I pulled my scriptures out and began where I had left off, Jacob 1. I studied as is the normal time for me and then, took out my homework. This became the pattern for me for the rest of that week and for this past week. It came time for my date with Bill, and I looked to see what I would need to do on Saturday between conference to be ready for Monday. I was amazed to find that I was completely caught up in all my classes. This was not a light week in homework, if anything it had more in it that in prior weeks, and yet it was finished for the first time since I began school. I don't really know how it all worked, I just know that it did--sort of like tithing, you do it and while it works out, it doesn't always add up on paper. I am thankful that our Heavenly Father answered my question is such a manner that I could understand what was wanted. I wonder though what Dr. Hartman would say if he knew that his words, brought Heavenly Fathers words to my mind :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Inspiring story!
Amazing and faith inspiring! I love it! You're amazing Cheryl! I've always known that though! Miss you! Love you!
Post a Comment