As I sat in the chapel tonight with two of my daughters, I began thinking. It came to me that at that very moment, my sisters, my other daughter and I were united in what we were doing at that very moment. We were preparing to listen to the women's conference and hear our Prophet speak. Some were in Stake Centers like I was, some watched from home on the television and some watched on the Internet, but at that moment we were doing the same thing.
Then the music began and we all sang "Count Your Many Blessings". As I sang, I felt surrounded by many voices, all singing the same song. At that moment it came to me that I had other sisters, who were all around the world, that were at that moment singing with me. Many languages, all singing praises to our Heavenly Father with one voice. I was staggered at the thought. My sisters, all of us from around the world were uplifted by the music and speakers. I laughed with President Monson, when he told of the woman who complained each week that her neighbor didn't know how to properly wash the laundry, only to find out that it was her own windows that were dirty. I cried as we were admonished not to judge others, with President Monson quoting "Mother Teresa, a Catholic nun who worked among the poor in India most of her life, spoke this profound truth: “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” The Savior has admonished, “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” I ask: Can we love one another, as the Savior has commanded, if we judge each other? And I answer—with Mother Teresa—“No; we cannot.” I rejoiced to hear Sister Beck, Sister Allred and Sister Thompson recounted some of our rich history as a Relief Society organization while at the same time reminding us of responsibilities that we all share.
I know that I am a daughter of God. Knowing that has helped me in my role as a wife and mother to truly value myself, knowing that as I stayed home to care for my children, I was doing something noble, something that was of great importance to my children's future. I feel greatly blessed that I have had the privilege to stay home and raise my children. Heavenly Father has greatly blessed me with really amazing children, each one unique not only in talents, but disposition, and personality. I have learned much from all of them. I am blessed to have two brothers and four sisters, some of whom don't even know each other as they come to me from both of my parents separately. They are all important to me and have blessed my life. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and that if we trust in that plan, He will guide and bless our lives. For this and so many other things I am grateful for, I know my life is truly blessed.
So as I think of all of these things, I just wanted to share how I felt.
1 comment:
Sounds like a well spent evening. Bless you my dear. Love Aunt Mick
Post a Comment