Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer 2010 Trips, Projects, Life, Etc.

Summer is a fun time, full of things to do, people to see.  This summer was totally full.  I started it out by taking a trip to Utah.  Rachel and Marcus met me at the airport and we immediately went to Artic Circle to eat.  This is becoming a tradition for any of us who travel back west.  It isn't so much the food at Artic Circle as it is the fry sauce.  See people here look at you like you are totally whacked when you talk of fry sauce.  It is a thing of the west.  After eating stuff with my fry sauce, we went to Temple Square were we were searching for
this set of sister Missionaries--Sister Laura Hales, our Bishop's daughter and her companion. 

Rachel, Marcus and I next went on a tour of the conference center.  It is so big.  We really enjoyed the gardens, both on the temple square and on the roof of the conference center. 

Here they are, my oldest babies, Rachel and Marcus Lee.

The next day we went to see Aunt Millie.  It was wonderful to remember with her and discuss family pictures.  For those of you who I have shared with, this is the Aunt Millie of the "Aunt Millie's Most Fabulous Housekeeping System"

She is still so elegant.  It was a too short time out.  After that they took me down to visit with my long time, best friend in the world, Laura.

While there we climbed Mount Timpanogos.  This was a personal triumph for me as I have been so ill over the past year or so and had so little strength.  I am thankful for the increased energy and strength Heavenly Father has blessed me with.  Here is Laura with her family--well those who made the climb with us.

While we were there in Payson, Utah, Laura's daughter called and encouraged us to travel to the local Comfort Inn.  There we saw it.

Yep that is Ratchet from the Transformers.  They were taking it either too or from the filming of Transformers 3.  I can't wait to see this movie.  It is funny because not too long after we returned we attended a model car contest, where Bill entered his model of Bumble Bee.

He didn't win, but it was fun going.  This model won it's class at the last GSL model car contest.  In this contest there wasn't really a class for it to go in so it was entered in the miscellaneous class.  That is like competing with apples, oranges, cherries and grapes.  Not the best situation.  But I got ahead of myself.   Before I left Utah, we attended the Manti Temple and later that night the Manti Pageant.  To finally be able to attend a session in my favorite temple, was fulfilling in a way I can't explain.  The pageant that followed was uplifting and grounding at the same time.  It filled me with joy to be reminded of who I am, where I come from, and why I am here.

After returning home a very good friend of mine got married.  It was my privilege to create all of the flowers for them.

As my friend, now Geri Anderson, loves frogs, I incorporated them into the design of both the bridal bouquet as well as the grooms boutonniere.


The reason she loves frogs is what the word frog stands for.
F--fully
R--rely
O--on
G--God
This week my project is to knit a test pattern, making some fingerless mitts for a designer.  This is really fun and exciting to be testing a brand new pattern.  I am about 1/2 done with the first mitten.  So far I really like it.

I think that brings me current for a couple of days.  It has been a very full summer--full of projects, full of friends, full of time with family--Full of Joy!

1 comment:

RainbowPhoenix said...

WOW what an awesome summer!