Saturday, August 21, 2010
Sleepless in St Joe
Sometimes I think sleep is highly over rated. Here I sit wondering just why I can't sleep. I have checked all the kidlets (ok so they are NOT so small anymore) and all are slumbering away in the arms of Morpheus. Me, my mind is just running lists. Lists of things that need to be done. Lists of future projects, both work on the house as well as craft. Shopping lists. Cleaning lists. Lists of people I should call to see how they are doing. Lists, lists, lists. It just goes on and on. Bill often tells me that my mind works in a hundred directions at once. I sometimes laugh at that, picturing in my mind a giant spider web that circles round and round the many spokes that create each distinctive design. Perhaps he is not so far off after all. Tonight I can't seem to quiet my mind. This is crazy, our home is quiet. The terrible storm of this afternoon is past. Nobody is out on camping trips--Well Rachel and Marcus are, but they are adults so I am not really worried about them. All is peaceful with the exception of my mind running constant lists. Fact is that sleeping is one of my problems. I spend many nights restless or awake. My doctor says that it is because I have cared for so many people at night and so don't have proper sleep patterns. He gave me some exercises for my insomnia, and for the most part they work pretty well. It is only the odd day out now that I don't sleep when I really want to sleep. I can still stay up night after night when needed, however as my children have grown and now that I am no longer caring for Ethel, I don't need to stay up each night. So now I long to sleep. I will do the exercises once again tonight. Perhaps soon I will sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you did get to sleep, dear Cheryl! :)
Post a Comment