Friday, January 29, 2010

Very Blessed

My surgery went very well and I am feeling that Heavenly Father has greatly blessed me.  Going in I was told by my surgeons that there was a slight chance that part of the surgery could be done laprascopicly (bad spelling) but not to count on it.  Then the morning of the surgery the 2 surgeons got together and has an idea how it could work.  They would make 5 incisions using the larger one for the hernia to extract the masses that needed to come out.  Well it worked!!  What a blessing to only have 4 little 1 1/2 inch insisions and one that is 3 1/4 inches long instead of a huge insision.  So far the pathology says that everything is good.  It will be another week before we get the final report.  I am optimistic that all will be well.  I am feeling pretty good and am now up and about a bit.  Next week will be even better.  Oh and I lost 11 pounds.  Not the best way to loose the weight, but it is my current silver lining.  Best news is that my doctors said that I can go back to the swimming pool on March 5th.  As that is my birthday, I can't think of a better present.  I can hardly wait!   

2 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

So glad that your surgery went well. Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Just Craptastic... said...

Yeah! I can't wait for you to be able to go swimming! Thoughts of fast healing and being sent your way!