When she passed away, I took all of the remaining dishcloths and divided them among my boys. She had given the girls some special ones just a couple of years ago, so I felt the boys should have some of her work as well. That left me with zero dishcloths on hand, and well the blessed things wear out. I don't know what I was thinking, like perhaps a cloud would settle over my house and drop finished dishcloths fresh from heaven??
I had better get knitting before anymore wear out.....I do miss knitting with her. I don't have anybody really to knit with anymore. I am greatful for all the things she blessed my family with over the years. My home is filled with quilted and knitted things that gave warmth and joy to our family. But now I knit alone......
4 comments:
Cheryl, I bet she smiles on you now and then as you're knitting. What a sweet thing for you to do, dividing the dishcloths among your children.
I can knit too...but the grandma ones are extra special now and I put all but one away. They are officially rationed!
That makes me sad...to think of you all alone with your knitting. I wish I had learned. I have a sister here who can teach me and she knits like my gram used to.
I love that you gave your boys the ones that were left over. They will give them sweet memories. Funny...when someone has passed on...how the mind focuses on the good memories! What a blessing to have those sweet memories.
Sounds like you need to teach someone so they can come and knit with you! Miss you tons!!! Love you!
I am very greatful for the dishcloths and Christmas stocking the Ethel knit for us. It is a wonderful talent. I can see you two sitting in the eternal worlds talking and knitting as time stops. I hope to have children who can sit at your feet learning from you.
Post a Comment