Saturday, January 28, 2012

It is a new thing

Having just finished the 2nd week of this new semester, I thought I would put down some thoughts.

Still not a real fan of coding, however it is getting easier and I am getting better at it.

The Legal and Ethic of Healthcare is an interesting class, I think I am going to enjoy it this semester.

Geography--learning about places is really cool, remembering country names and thier spelling, and being able to put them on a blank map, not so cool.

Astronomy is my favorite class this semester.  How cool is it that I get to learn through something called an astroportal--just the name is fun for my scifi-loving mind.  Learning about the stars--too fun.

This semester I decided to knock off a couple of GenEds.  It has put me in with people I don't know (since I first went back to school, I have been going along in a program with pretty much the same people) and has been a bit unsettling, however it has been a fantastic opportunity to meet new people (a bit scary too).  This past Friday, when I was getting in the elevator first thing in the morning, two maintenance men got in, turning asked who was having a crummy day.  I stated that it was going to be a great day as it was Friday.  I then started to sing our family's Friday song--not the one that is popular, but the one we have been singing for almost 20 years.  They loved it and so I taught it to them.  Funny thing was that when I was in another building much later in the day, I passed by another maintenance man, and over his walkie talkie, I heard someone singing the Friday song to him.  It made me smile.

No comments: