Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall.....

This morning as I was driving to school, the world was shrouded in a blanket of fog.  Most people I know hate the fog, but I love it.  I am reminded of the mists in the Gothic books I read as a teen.  Everything is so mysterious, and yet if you look--look really carefully, you can see the seasons changing. 

Over the years I have told stories to children about how the leaves get painted.  Stories about the fairies who flutter around painting the leaves one by one.  Other stories were of the great painting masters of the past, coming back to earth as angels and painting a wondrous delight for us to see.  In biology I was taught what really happened.  It is boring.  So I will keep my stories or wonderful creatures, angels or fairies who come to earth each fall and paint our leaves--one by one--brilliant yellow, orange and red.

Last week I saw a tree that had a vine that was wrapped around it.  The vine had turned a vibrant red while the tree was still green.  It looked as thought fire was wrapping lovingly around the trunk of the tree.  It was amazing to see.

Look around you.....take time to see the wonders Heavenly Father has given us....see the beauty we are surrounded with.  The world is decorated to give us joy!  Please don't let it go to waste in the vast speed of everyday life.  Take time....be thankful...find joy!

1 comment:

Just Craptastic... said...

Fall is one of my absolute favorite times of year. Moving to MO was very disappointing after living on the East Coast, but I have learned to appreciate what is around me. It's not as vibrant this year, here, as last year, but if you put your sunglasses on the colors deepen and it looks pretty. We haven't had a good frost this year to make them turn the brighter colors. I like your idea of angels and fairies paining each one. Maybe next year they will have more vibrant pain...hehehe! Miss you!