Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


I am thankful for:

1. Being a child of God--I know who I am and that Heavenly Father loves me.
2. Having a loving and supportive family
3. Being married to Bill for time and all eternity.
4. Having the gospel in my life to guide me
5. Having a son who is serving the Lord in a full time mission.
6. Being able to go back to school.
7. Being able to do the math.
8. Having friends who tutor me when I need help.
9. Old friends who have stood beside me through thick and thin.
10. New friends, who I am just getting to know.
11. The Internet that lets me stay connected not only with my friends and family, but what is going on in the church--instant access to scriptures even if I am not at home.
12. Having a variety of food to eat.
13. Having children who do their chores well
14. Cell phones, that let me talk to my children who are far away and to my best friend Laura as much as I want without a high bill.
15. Church callings that teach me new things
16. Mandy to drive me to school
17. Jessica who makes me smile
18. Daniel who makes me laugh
19. Joshua who makes me think
20. Rachel who cheers me onward
21. Marcus who protects my Rachel
22. Matthew who is a gift from God
23. Bill who sees the best in me and helps me achieve greater things, and who always believes in me.
24. Parents that raised me in the gospel
25. Sisters and Brothers who will be my friends for all eternity
26. A home of my own, that I can paint broad slashes of color on the walls while I decide which color I want to paint on them.
27. Music that calms my soul, gives me energy to do my chores, and gives me joy always.
28. Knitting--need I say more?
29. That Bill has a job in this crazy economy
30. Most of all--Prayer--the ability to pour out my sorrows, trials, joys and triumphs to my Heavenly Father and know that he is there, listening and waiting to help me. All I have to do is ask.

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for and will be thinking about today.  I hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving filled with love and joy.


No comments: