Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where have I been. . .

I find myself amazed about the amount of people who have been calling to see if I was still alive as I haven't blogged for a bit.  Well................I have been a bit busy.  So I will catch you up with my summer so far.

Josh won an art contest for the Nestle/Purina factory and will have this picture displayed with other art winners for the next year. 

Then Jessica was in the Apple Blossom Parade.  She is the third one in on the Melephone row or the first blue uniform, not the red ones.

Next it was time to start seriously training for the summer swim team season.  I have to tell you, I really do like the smell of a swim pool.  It is a comforting smell for me.  I love swim season!!


So because we thought it would be a nice break, our family went to Independance MO to the church visitor center.  We had a wonderful visit which was directed by a lovely Sister Missionary.  She then took this picture of our family.  It is sort of weird to see our family shrinking at home.  However we still have plenty of laughter so we are content.  We are very blessed that our children are growing up to be honorable and loving.

Next came Josh's 8th grade graduation (they don't call it graduation, but as I am in Utah and he is in Missouri, he is not available for consultation as to what it was really called.  You have to look very hard to see Josh in the middle.  Yes for those who live in areas where there really is separation of chuch and state, this really is a Santuary of the Word of Life Church, and that is really where the "graduation" was.

Soooo.......during all of the above, I have been studying, and working really hard at not finding a job.  Then it was time for testing.  I did really well scoring in the 97-99% in the nation in all areas.  EVEN THE MATH!!!  For those who are interested, I really do know why we need an x in algebra now.  The great news is that I was able to test out of some of my classes for next fall.  And as to the next fall??? I am registered and will start on August 30th.  So I was busy testing and studying and well trying to find my house, when I got a call from my sister Annette.

She gave me some wonderful news.  My nephew Aaron was getting married. 
 
When you might ask?  Next Friday!  So I went to my and took the money that I was saving for yarn (who needs a silk sweater anyway)  and made reservations to rent a car and a motel room.  It was about this time that Bill went for a routine check up and it was decided that since he was supposed to have a heart stress test about six months after his cancer treatments, that now was a good time.  So why not do it Wednesday.  So he did.  Well something didn't look right to the tech during the echo cardiogram (is that one word or two) so they pulled up a previouse echocardiogram (still don't know about the one word or two) and it looked really different.  So later that afternoon we were in Dr Grants office (cardiologist extrodinair) and Bill was told that he needed an angiogram.  So that was set for the following morning.  Here is were the miracle happens.....When they did the angiogram the left main artery to the heart was 99.9% blocked.  They put a stint in.  Dr Grant told me that Bill was leading up to a massive heart attack that was probably days from happening.  He then said that if that would have happened, then the artery would have burst and he probably would have bled to death before help could arrive.  I am so blessed NOT to be a widow right now.  I am still in awe of our Heavenly Father's care of our family each day.  Dr Grant then put Bill on a manditory 7 day vacation, but said that he could ride in a car.  So Bill helped me make a wedding gift
 .
and then we went to southern Missouri to the wedding.

Well the wedding reception was first. It was one of the best wedding receptions I have ever been to. It was low key. A lovely pot luck dinner with a small program that followed. The soon to be newly weds ate first and then went from table to table to personally talk to each guest.


Aaron married Camillia Murdock (called Cami) who is a member of the Richardson Clan, a large and truely noble family.  She is one of 25 children in that family.   There are members who have been adopted from all over the world.  My only thoughts and feelings when I met this family was "wow, there is a whole lot of love here."  So Aaron now has a ton more family members.  I tried to get a picture of them all eating.  Here are Brother and Sister Richardson.
And the children eating.  Yes you do see 3 really long tables of children.

Friday morning, June 4, 2010 Aaron and Cami were sealed in the St Lewis Temple.   They were radiant as the came out of the temple.
 
The new extended in-laws for both of them.
Richardson Clan
Fairchild Clan

Cami and her brothers

Aaron and his brothers

Aaron and his sisters

Oh wait.....he has more sisters now

Annette and Jerry with Cami and Aaron

Cami and Aaron with Bill and I

After 1 1/2 hours of pictures in the St Lewis 90+ degree massive humidity weather, I told Aaron that I was leaving in 30 minutes and taking Matt's tux with me.  I though he might not want to be in it at the time.  Aaron was more than ready to sweep his bride off her feet and take her into the sunset.

The very next weekedn Bill and I traveled to Overland Park MO to attend a model car contest.  That brings me to my present Utah trip. . . .but that is for another blog!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Does indeed sound like a very busy summer, and it just got started. Great story. Love Aunt Mick

Brandan and Becky said...

Thanks for posting all the photos of Aaron and Cami's wedding. Looks like it was a beautiful day. So glad Bill is okay.

Just Craptastic... said...

Wow! Busy much? I've missed seeing you at church, but I knew you were busy and doing very fun things too. I am so thankful that all turned out well with Bill. What a wonderful blessing. That doesn't even describe it! Oh well! I've changed my blog and made it public, plus changed the background and pictures. I would love for you to see it! Been busy getting ready for our move. Lots of stress, and lots of headaches, but this too shall pass!! :) The thunder storms at night have not helped. I thought of you when they were shaking our house an wondered if you were hearing it too. Take care!! Love you!