Monday, May 3, 2010
Math Is A Language
So this morning I was sitting here doing my homework--you can't believe how much home work I have--thinking about how funny it is that I have more homework than any of the children. It seems that somewhere in my brain I know how to do all of this, but I don't understand it when it is written. My instructor says it is like a child who knows how to speak a langauge but has yet learned how to read or write it. I just need to learn the reading and writing of Math. This has made it much easier and at times harder for me because if you give it to me in a story problem, I know the answer almost as before you finish the question, however written out, I struggle. Meanwhile I am trying to connect the "Math Neurons" in my brain so that it all makes sense, the reading and writing of Math . It is slow. Good news is that it is coming along. Bad news is that the Adult Education looses its funding on here on June 30th due to budget cuts so instead of the 12 instructors that are in Buchanan County, there will be just 1 for both Buchanan and Andrews county. So unless I want to travel to where the teacher is, then I have to finish before then. They tell me that I am getting about 3 years of instruction--if it was in public school--in about 6 weeks. It is sort of stressful--what if I don't get it fast enough? Probably not the best kind of thinking. So I will just push forward and soak it up just as fast as I can. Well back to my homework.......someday I will be able to knit again. I haven't knit a stitch since General Conference. Homework .........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You need to quit stressing before you invite your ulcers back again...relax dear. One step at a time...you need to walk before you can run...Love you Aunt Mick
Post a Comment