Monday, February 22, 2010

Words

When I was a teenager, I was in a musical that had a song with the phrase
"words, words,
 such boring words,
this is rediculous,
why am I doing this!?"

I don't remember the the rest of the song, or even the play I was in, however these words have stuck with me through the years as a sort of touch stone to what I see, hear, or read.  Words define many things for me--what I believe, emotions of the day, the very essence of my comunication.  

Through the years, there have been words that have isolated times, or events that, whether good or bad, have stairstepped through my life, some defining who I am, how I feel or what I do.  Some of them are. . .
How about if you and I got married?
Babe, I love you.
Hey babe, how about we make some short people.
Congratulations you are pregnant.
I am sorry, but you have lost your babies
Your Grandmother died today.
I am sorry to have to tell you Bill, but you have cancer.
Congratulations Elder Helm, you have been called to the Pocatello Idaho mission.
Mom, I love you.

The list goes on and on, far too many for this page.  This past week I added a couple of new phrases. . .
Cheryl, your growths were benign, you don't have cancer.
You have healed amazingly well.  Good job.

I cannot express my feelings of being so blessed and so joyful.  These are definatly NOT boring words and they are NOT rediculous!!

2 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

Congratulations on your good recovery! So glad your surgery had a good outcome.

Rebecca Blevins said...

Hooray! You totally surprised me with this post, and I am so very happy for you!

I love you! (And I am fond of words too.)