Sunday, October 11, 2009

I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day. . .



Yesterday we took Matt to the Winter Quarters temple to recieve his endowment.  It is a wonderous thing to watch your child serve in the temple.  They begin when they are 12 doing baptisms for the dead and then when the time is right they go back to recieve their endowment.  Going on a mission is one of those times.  It is an exciting time, but sad too.  Life will never be the same again for my son.  He will come back changed, as all things must.  I feel as those women of the indian tribes long ago who sent their sons out for their vision quest, setting up a tepee for them while they are gone because they knew that they would return full men, ready to take on the responsiblities of an adult in our culture as well as our church.  But for today we are joyful.  There were 14 of our ward family there with us to experience this event.  I am thankful that they took the time to share our joy.

Meanwhile back at home, Mandy had a day of fun planned for her brothers and sister.  They went to a corn maze. 


They went in extreemly excited.


And were given a map.  There were 4 checkpoints along their path that they had to be at to be successful in completeing their course.


Consulting the map.


The boys figure that they know the way and so run ahead.


Mandy goes the wrong way and Josh turns her around to help her back on track.


They are successful in reaching the end.


All are happy.  Following the maze, they all went on a hay ride.  It was an enjoyable time for all.  Now to go home, make pumpkin muffins and curl up in polar fleece blankets--made by Rachel-- and watch a good movie.

2 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

Congratulations, Matt! I love the metalwork on the temple doors. The corn maze looks super fun. We only have a baby maze around here-- it only has one route through and takes about a minute to walk through.

RainbowPhoenix said...

I knew those blankets would be useful :)