Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Perspective
I was praying this evening when I had one of those "oh I get it" moments and I thought I should share it with you. Often over the course of my life when I have been praying for help in something or for an answer to a question I have gotten the answer "Be still and know that I am God". Being a rather impatient person, I really hate it when I get that answer, sort of equating it to the parent who tells the child "I'll be with you in a moment, just wait". But tonight when I got that answer I got something more, kind of like an understanding of that answer in a way that I had never thought of before. It isn't Heavenly Father telling me "just wait" it is more of a "Stand back and see the miracles I am working constantly in your life." I want you to know that there are many times in my life when things have been really overwhelming, sort of like now. But I know beyond any doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he pours out blessings to me and my family every day. I have seen many miracles and continue to see them, not just once in a while, but each day of my life. I have huge testimony of the Plan of Salvation, Gods plan for me and my family and my place in that plan. If it takes going through these hardships to have that knowledge than it is a price that I will pay, because I can't imagine life without knowing that He loves me. I don't know a time when I didn't know that. Elder Neil A. Maxwell (I think) once said that part of having faith in God is having faith in His timetable. I forgot that for a bit today. I guess what I am saying, is that I will do whatever the Lord asks of me, because I know that He will make it possible for me to do whatever that is. I have seen in again and again in my life. I have been richly blessed. I understand the concept of blessings coming as from the windows of Heaven and know that my life has shown this to be a true promise from God. What a blessing it is to be able to talk things out with our Heavenly Father!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment